Sanctions Risk Assessment Masterclass
Sanctions are immensely powerful tool used by governments, supranational organisations (e.g., UN, OFAC, EU, OFSI) and regulatory authorities. The scope of the sanctions may cover individuals, organisations and regimes, as well as regions and countries. The wide scope of sanctions applicability makes it a complex subject to fully comprehend; hence, bespoke sanctions risk assessment training is critically important. The cost of non-compliance may be substantial with long-term consequences for the organisations.
Why take this course?
This masterclass will assist the learners in expanding on their existing knowledge of sanctions and polishing their sanctions risk assessment skills. Delegates will develop a thorough understanding of different types of international and domestic sanctions requirements, regulatory requirements around sanctions screening, core techniques on effective alert investigations, information on various industry standard tools and systems utilised, effective risk mitigation and decision-making skills.
This masterclass is designed to offer the learners a thorough understanding of the complicated sanctions world, key challenges and overview of selective real-life case studies to aid the understanding of delegates. A combination of or theoretical knowledge and practical aspects of complex sanctions requirements are discussed throughout this masterclass.
- Relationship Managers
- Sanctions Screening
- AML Officers
- Payments Processing Staff
- Compliance Specialists
- Understand types of sanctions
- Explore key sanctions regimes
- Screening for sanctions
- Identifying dual use goods
- Detecting higher risk scenarios
- Critical decision making
Delegates of this masterclass shall be assessed through a multiple-choice test at the end of the training session. Upon successful completion of this masterclass, delegates will be awarded the Sigma Risk certification.
This masterclass may be delivered in person at client premises, at external location or virtually via Zoom or MS Teams.
Full Suite of Sigma Risk Masterclasses
• Understand applicable regulations
• Third party risk assessment
• Managing conflict of intrest
• Identify key AML risks
• Conduct AML risk assessment
• Build a robust methodology
- Correct level of due diligence
- Identification and verification
- Corroboration of source of wealth
- Learn about complexity & reliance
- Downstream banking and nesting
- Respondent risk assessment
- Preventing & recovering from a cyber attack
- Identify key threat actors
- Understand different types of cyber attacks
- Understand the risks in gaming
- Applicable regulatory requirements
- Proportionate risk assessment
• Understanding digital currencies
• Corroboration of SOF/SOW
• Financial crime risks
- Law enforcement collaboration
- Asset tracking and confiscation
- Suspicion activity reporting
- Recognize key sanctions regimes
- Establish screening & monitoring
- Escalations & reporting
- Attractiveness to Criminals
- Discover emerging typologies
- Identify red flags and warning signs
- Recognising key signs of terrorism funding
- Risk identification & mitigation techniques
- Learning from real-life case studies
Masterclass covered all areas that are specific to my role. Gave me a greater understanding of sanctions and gave real life scenarios and previous examples that gave a picture of the theory of sanctions in action.