Sanctions are a very powerful tool used by governments, supranatural organisations and regulatory authorities. The scope of the sanctions may cover individuals, organisations, regimes as well as regions and countries making it a very complex subject to fully comprehend. The cost of non-compliance may be substantial with long term consequences for organisations. This masterclass is designed to equip our clients with necessary knowledge, understanding and skills required to effectively identify, evaluate and mitigate the risks associated with sanctions.
The masterclass is designed to assist the participants in understanding the purpose and scope of global sanctions, various sanctions regimes and their enforcement, screening requirements, dual-use goods, consequences of non-compliance and industry best practices.
Sanctions Risk Assessment Masterclass is structured in 4 sections, each designed to ensure that participants learn theoretical as well as practical knowledge through various very engaging activities.
- Latest on sanctions landscape
- Cost of Non-Compliance
- Sanctions & their purpose
- Types of Sanctions & their application
- Who can impose the sanctions and their respective scope
- Who might be the targets of sanctions
- Deep dive into UN, OFAC, EU and local sanctions
- Case Study – How sanctions evasions may take place in real world
- Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs)
- Sectoral Sanctions
- What is 50% rule and how to evaluate its applicability
- Dual Use Goods
- Case Study in scope of JCPOA
- Who, what and how to screen for sanctions?
- Real life case study – Identifying sanctions evasion
- What does an effective sanctions risk assessment framework looks like?
- Major sanctions fine (What went wrong and who was responsible)
- Knowledge Test
Masterclass may be delivered in-house at the client site (minimum 10 participants) or through virtual classrooms for smaller groups or individual clients.